Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Interiors: The Exposed Brick Wall

What is it?..... the lure of the exposed brick wall in a space.  A friend of mine is doing a little house hunting and stumbled upon a kitchen with a glorious exposed brick wall.... causing us both to gasp in delight.  I mean it is just brick right?.... used on the exterior on a majority of homes in America..... yet it can charm, surprise, modernize or downright knock our socks off when used indoors.  See if you don't agree with these gush worthy spaces....












source

And, yes...... now you didn't think I could talk about brick without queing up this song.....


You are dancing, aren't you?
Have a great day everyone! :)

11 comments:

  1. my 13 year old daughter wants a brick wall in her room. she even painted a brick wall on her art project. i do love it in the right interior, exterior. love the brick houses of the south that have been white washed.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love an exposed brick wall! Wonder if I can do that in the library? Plug -in wouldn't load for the song.... but I don't need it. I'm singin anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love brick walls! Love the Commodores too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I love it all!!! The exterior of my home has brick but I would love some on the inside. I especially love just a bit in a kitchen, adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT PICS!! i love myself a white painted brick wall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah..... your friend JC blew your cover.... Miss Brickhouse.... hysterical! :)

      Delete
  6. Crissy: feel compelled to tell you that above commenter, Lucy Williams, was voted Miss Brickhouse at her sorority formal our senior year in college. Cannot believe she forgot to mention that ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny..... I think if I had been named Miss Brickhouse..... I would be touting that fact about now.... you girls keep me laughing!

      Delete
  7. Wow I love the great texture the brick provides.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rough exposed brick next to glossy painted cabinets. Nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the white walls with the exposed brick. What color do you think pairs best with brick? Hmmm..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!